Gartner Research Report
Top 10 Trends Impacting Infrastructure and Operations for 2020
With the rapid growth of cloud and shift to cloud computing taking center stage, Infrastructure and Operations has seen significant changes over the years. Businesses today are looking for ways to keep up with technology trends, create and deploy dynamic applications. This puts undue pressure on I&O leaders and their teams to move beyond legacy systems and practices, towards newer technologies that have a profound impact on the business.
The Gartner Research Report titled Top 10 Trends Impacting Infrastructure and Operations for 2020 addresses trends and impacts specific to I&O teams. The report aims at helping I&O leaders make strategic decisions that will have a significant impact on the enterprise.
The Top 10 Trends
- “Automation Architecture Becoming Essential
- DR Planning Impacted by Hybrid Complexity
- Scaling DevOps Demands Platform Approaches
- Distributed Infrastructure Impacts Storage Management
- New IoT Service and Support Models
- Options for Distributed Cloud Expand I&O Possibilities
- Immersive Experiences Elevate Expectations of I&O
- Low-Code Platforms Addressing Demand for Applications
- Technical Debt Constraining Network Agility
- Hybrid Digital Infrastructure Management Tools Emerging”
As leaders aim to drive business growth to new heights in 2020, this report talks about trends, their impact and how they can align with enterprise strategies.
“This research was presented at Gartner’s Infrastructure, Operations and Cloud Strategies Conferences prior to the escalation of the COVID-19 crisis. I&O leaders seeking research to help with COVID-19-related impacts should review the resources provided in Note 1.” References to reports related to the impact of COVID-19 and next steps are also available within this report for further study.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner, Top 10 Trends Impacting Infrastructure and Operations for 2020, 14 April 2020, Ross Winser, David Cappuccio.