Will Business Process Automation Rule the World?
Business Process Automation (BPA),Business Automation, Digital are buzzwords in today’s technological landscape,pointing to a paradigm shift in the way businesses function. BPA, as the name suggests,is the technology-enabled automation of intricate business processes. It involves the integration of applications, restructuring of resources, and use of collaboration tools throughout the organization.
The Relevance Of BPA
Today, organizations need to have the ability to quickly adapt to change and deliver more value to their end-customers. In such scenarios, automation can be useful , in helping them achieve promptness in service and value in delivery, leading to better customer service.
Today, many businesses recognise this, and automation has now become an inevitable part of business growth plans, mainly done to free up resources from repetitive, manual jobs that are time intensive.However, BPA goes beyond just this. It is playing an immense role in helping businesses become more employee-centric and channelizing the employee potential into more productive activities.
Digital Transformation often seems a lofty goal for organizations that aren’t privy to the path. The first step towards adopting this culture of continuous transformation could be Business Process Automation. Businesses can start with automating a few laborious processes that are in need of rescue and slowly work their way towards complete Digital Transformation.
How can you choose which processes need automation and which don’t? Here are some factors that can indicate the need for automation:
- Large volume of tasks or sub-tasks
- Many people are required to execute tasks
- Time-sensitive or time-consuming
- Impacts other processes and systems
- Requires compliance and audit trails
Did you just think of a few processes looming in your organization that fits many of these factors? Start with attending to these first.
Why BPA Is Not All Roses
BPA involves data, and anything that is data intensive is prone to errors, corruption, or loss. This especially holds true for a process like Automation where data entry errors are quite probable since the automation performance depends on human programmers as well as end users.Moreover, employees need to undergo specific training to be able to utilize newly automated applications. This is an investment that organizations should be ready to bear.
Further, dependency on technology is a double-edged sword. While it reduces the reliance on manpower, it is a huge threat to the basic foundation of HR, as it reduces human connect and inter-personal interactions.
Despite a Few Challenges, The Benefits Are Aplenty:
BPA is the stepping stone to Digital Transformation. It streamlines a business for effortless operations, increases the quality of service,and improves service delivery.Whether the business is small, medium or huge, BPA positively impacts every business model.
- BPA reduces the time involved in laborious tasks like paperwork that brings about increased efficiency in operations.
- Increased data precision and reduced manual work bring about effectiveness in operations.
- Redundant and repetitive tasks are automated, resulting in increased competence and better decision-making by both the managers and employees.
- The burden on the administrative department reduces considerably.
- Easy and quick report generation across all industries is perhaps the best part of automation.
- Resource management is easy and hassle-free as is time management.
- BPA also considerably reduces costs, especially in the technical and manufacturing industries.
- Aligning processes and operational excellence helps businesses meet promised standards and exceed customer expectations.
BPA can be integrated into almost every industry, and in different departments within businesses. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is yet another emerging field within BPA that is big on Artificial Intelligence.
Summing up, the BPA industry is moving up the value chain, with many companies wanting to take up Digital Transformation to upscale their digital capabilities. So, will BPA rule the world? The answer is in the affirmative for now as everything seems to be pointing in favour of going Digital.
Are you on the road to Digital Transformation and looking at BPA as an aid? Using a platform like Neutrinos, your business can achieve all that you wish for in record time. Call us today to find out more.